Monday, January 12, 2009

Hello, my name is Meg, and I'm a caffeine addict.

Dear Caffeine,

I love you.

I love the way my morning coffee gives me a burst of energy. I love that a cup of espresso settles my stomach after a meal, and I love that a Diet Coke settles my stomach after a night of profligate cocktailing.

I love the smell of brewing coffee, and I love the aroma of a strong English Breakfast or Earl Grey tea. I love that a cafe au lait is substantial enough to be an afternoon snack, and that a cappuccino can serve as breakfast.

I love that you are always there for me - through every late night, early morning, and long-ass meeting, you're there, holding my hand, keeping me sane and awake. So, thank you.

And, one more time (because when you mean it, you can't say it often enough): I love you.

XOXO,
Meg

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin