Monday, September 14, 2009

They're here!

I got up early on Saturday morning (one of the good things about a quiet Friday night) and hoofed it down to the Union Square Greenmarket around eight o'clock. Upon arrival, I was thrilled to see box upon box of new-harvest (as opposed to cold-storage) apples at the Terhune stand. Gala and Honeycrisp and Fuji - oh my!

I helped myself to a couple of the rosy-golden Gala apples and snapped a photo of the bounty. Nothing says fall like a big ol' pile of apples - except for a big ol' pile of leaves, something we don't see a lot of in Manhattan.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I love fall. The weather, the colors, the food, I just love it all. Not to mention it's birthday time for me and Halloween!

Michelle said...

Those look so good!! I see a trip to the Greenmarket in my future!

Stash said...

There's just no way I can possibly get up at 8 am on a Saturday morning.

I don't know how you do it. (I usually don't get down to USGM until 11 or 12.)

*waves*

Meg Blocker said...

@Jen: Ditto! I love having a fall birthday; the clothes are so much better, and the weather...

@Michelle: Yes, you must go! These apples were phenomenal.

@Stash: I am motivated by my complete and utter hatred of dealing with a crowded market. I am such a curmudgeon. (BTW, I often nap on Saturday afternoons. :) )

Blog Widget by LinkWithin