Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Cooooookie!

On Saturday, after dropping off a few bridesmaid's dresses near Gramercy Park (for a good cause), I walked across Gramercy and over to Chelsea to buy some organizational aids at The Container Store. Along the way, I realized I was hungry and decided to stop into the eminently convenient and delicious City Bakery.

The last time I blogged about City Bakery, it was all about their tasty brunch and ridiculous hot chocolate (complete with homemade marshmallows, of course). Since it wasn't too chilly out and I'd already eaten an early lunch, three o'clock seemed just the time for a chocolate chip cookie.

Oh my god, the cookie. City Bakery's chocolate chip cookie is a perfect blend of the crunchy and the chewy - it alternates between the two textures, chewy where it's a bit thicker, and crunchy in the little cookie cracks and along the edges. The chocolate is melty, smooth and rich, and the whole thing is just the right size for a satisfying snack.

And does it photograph beautifully, or what? Drool.

City Bakery
3 West 18th Street (Between 5th and 6th Avenues)
212.366.1414

2 comments:

debbie said...

CB's chocolate chip cookies are the world's best, I have no doubt. I spent months trying to replicate them at home--while I won't say I achieved it exactly, I came close enough to make me (and a lot of other people) really, really happy. Mmmm.

The Curmudgeon said...

I lurv City Bakery. The pretzel croissants! Heaven.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin