Saturday, April 30, 2011

Queenie's Treasury

Happy weekend, readers! Today was an absolutely stunning day here in the city; I spent it hanging out with my mom. We walked the High Line, visited Mary's Fish Camp, strolled through the West Village and wound up at the Van Cleef & Arpels exhibit at the Cooper-Hewitt. And, you know what? I feel a little less guilty for being wiped out after reading all of that. Thank goodness this week's Treasury kicks off with some serious coffee.

Coffee in Paris is a lot like coffee in New York: it is often good, sometimes very good, but rarely amazing. It seems, however, that Paris is following in New York's footsteps: a haute coffee scene is burgeoning there, and that sounds pretty exciting. HiP Paris has a story about the latest barista competition held in the City of Light, featuring enough caffeine to power those lights from here through Bastille Day.

Next up, I'm a little obsessed with this Dutch farmhouse renovation from The Style Files. While I'd likely add a bit more color with art and such, I absolutely love the grey and white palette and the natural finishes. And that slinky white pendant light is to die for.

I'm a bit of a magpie these days, what with summer on the way and loads of adorable clothes on offer. This sea green necklace from Oliphant would go smashingly with the white t-shirts I bought by the armful last week, don't you think?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin