Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Winter's on the wing.

I went to the Union Square Greenmarket inhumanly early this Saturday in the hopes that I'd snag a healthy portion of the season's first ramp haul. Sadly, it was not to be.

No ramps appeared, but I did see some gorgeous flowers (tulips, hyacinths and potted ranunculus), lovely lettuces and adorable, teeny little onions.

I skipped home with dug legs, pea shoots, farm eggs and a few handfuls of the tiniest, sweetest cipollini onions I could find.

Consolation prizes these are not.

Oh, and, yes: that title is something of a wink to my fellow musical theater nerds. Hi there!

2 comments:

The Curmudgeon said...

Here's a fine spring morn!

Photos gorgeous as always.

TKTC said...

You just reminded me that lilacs and hyacinth need to get be on my kitchen table this week. Non-negotiable.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin